The judge said the administration failed to comply with previous orders that the funds were unzen.
A federal judge ordered US President Donald Trump’s administrators to pay foreign aid funds to contractors and beneficiaries by the end of Wednesday.
The order must release frozen funds after Amir Ali, the judge in the case, marks the third time, and Trump ordered a 90-day suspension with all foreign aid. He ruled that.
In ruling Tuesday, Judge Ali pointed out there were no indications that the administration had taken steps to comply with his previous orders.
The plaintiffs in the suit have claimed that nonprofits and businesses with government contracts — including those with government contracts — should shut down the organization if the agreed funds are not paid.
They also argue that the administration violated federal law and the US Constitution by refusing to pay the funds allocated by Congress.
The complaint also points out that the dismantling of the United States Organization for International Development (USAID) could violate the constitutional separation of authority, as it established an independent body in 1961.
The court order applies to work payments made prior to February 13th, when the judge issued the previous temporary restraining order.
On Sunday, USAID said all staff except certain essential workers will take paid administrative leave starting Sunday. Additionally, 1,600 positions have been eliminated.
“Affected individuals will receive certain notifications on February 23, 2025 and receive further instructions and information regarding their interests and rights,” the notice from the Trump administration said the following day.
The Trump administration, led by tech billionaire Elon Musk’s government efficiency (DOGE), has moved to effectively dismantle the institutions.
Calling USAID a “crime organisation” and “the nest of radical left Marxist vipers who hate America,” Musk claims that institutions exist in waste and fraud, pursuing an ideological agenda .
Former USAID officials and humanitarian workers have condemned Trump’s moves and warn that aid agencies will injure millions of vulnerable people around the world and undermine the soft power of the US .
“Eliminate the unique response capabilities of crisis experts to contain disease outbreaks and help stabilize displaced people – shortsighted, high-risk and frankly, stupid,” said USAID. Marcia Wong Media Platform X, former assistant assistant to the Humanitarian Aid Bureau.
Last week, the judge also clarified the path the Trump administration will push for plans to bring back thousands of USAID staff from overseas within 30 days.
“For overseas personnel, USAID is intended as a voluntary, agency-funded return travel program and other benefits,” the USAID website said in a notice.
“USAID is committed to keeping personnel overseas safe. Until they get home, personnel will retain access to agency systems, diplomacy and other resources. Next week, we will be offering a new report on the previous page. We provide details on how to retrieve personal items from the USAID workspace and return government-issued devices.